Elections for the 2023/2024 Franco-Nord executive board
Bonjours les parents!
Our next APÉ meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 6th at 6:30 pm (18:30), both in person in the Franco-Nord boardroom, and via Zoom. This will be the last meeting for this school year before we break for the summer, and it is also the AGM.
APÉ meetings are online and in person! In order to improve accessibility and expand parent participation, we will continue to have a Zoom option for parents and members, who, for whatever reason, find virtual attendance easier.
ID de réunion : 871 358 4675
Code secret : EFN
How to Participate
As the next meeting is the AGM, elections for the 2023/2024 Franco-Nord executive board will be held at the meeting as well. Parents of children attending Franco-Nord are automatically voting members, and eligible to run for the executive. If you are interested in being considered for a board position, please reach out to have your name put on the ballot or join the next APÉ meeting to put your name forward.
If you have too much on your plate for a board position, we encourage you to attend meetings to stay informed and have a say in fundraising goals and school events. In order to pass motions, we require a quorum of 6 parents (in person or online), so your voice, opinion and participation really matter! We need your participation to best support all our children in our school, and encourage you to participate to the capacity you’re comfortable with.
Why attend meetings?
– Hear the very latest school news from the Principal
– Get a preview of upcoming APÉ-funded school activities–and if you wish, provide your input into their planning!
– Share your ideas!
– Ensure your child gets to enjoy fun extracurricular activities at school! The APÉ relies on YOUR vote to make decisions on what to do with our APÉ budget.
– Zero Obligation! By attending an APÉ meeting, you don’t have to participate in any fundraising or get involved with volunteering. Your presence is important so we can vote to fund the activities our kids love!
Upcoming APÉ events and sponsored events:
June 1st, Spring Dance – 6:30 pm to 8:00pm
– Cost is by donation, minimum $2 per person, please;
– Concession items available for purchase;
– Free photo booth for selfies and group photos;
– Music by DJ Kenny!
– All students are welcome! Grades K-3 must be accompanied by an adult. Grades 4 to 7 must either be accompanied by an adult, or signed in and out, with parental contact information.
– All proceeds go to APÉ in support of future student activities!
June 6th, APÉ AGM (Elections)
– All parents of students at Franco-Nord are automatically voting members of the APÉ;
– Therefore, all parents of students at Franco-Nord are automatically eligible to run for the executive;
– If you are interested in being elected to a board position, please reach out to have your name put on the ballot, or join the next APÉ meeting and put your name forward.
– APÉ meetings are on Zoom! Join us any way you can!
June 9th, Lego Mania
– Funds for prizes sponsored by APÉ Franco-Nord and The Iridium Group at iridiumsolutions.ca
June 26th, Fun Day
– Bouncy Castle;
– Concession for purchase;
– More details to come!
Recent APÉ sponsored projects & events:
– $2,000 for school soccer nets;
– $750 for bus transportation for swimming lessons;
– $1,065.75 to cover remaining balance for outdoor classroom: custom benches, fence art, etc.
– $1660.96 for galvanized steel raised garden beds (made in Canada) for the school garden.
The APÉ has previously funded the Halloween Dance, numerous trips to Ness Lake, and lots more. The APÉ has also provided funding specifically for your child’s classroom and has organized kid-favourite Hot Lunches!
But… none of this is possible without parent support and volunteers, so please come to the meetings or reach out to any of the board members for more information on how you can help. email@example.com